Friday, December 11, 2009

Still Alive after NANO

I've done it, I wrote a novel in November. Well, sort of. I mean, I have 52k words, but the novel is far from over.

*sigh*

It's a start and I didn't lose my mind, my jobs, or my boyfriend. Something must have gone right.

While sometimes I wish I could write full-time, what I realized is that when pressed for time, I actually get more done. It seems as if when I plan my day and set out goals, I actually get them done. Shocking, huh?

Seriously, I was a bit surprised that when I have loads of free time, I do nothing. I don't really even surf the net. It's not like I have writer's block or anything, I think I have activity block since I just want to watch episodes of Dr. Who or Torchwood or Dollhouse--maybe sit in a Snugli and drink coffee.

Ah, now I can already see what Christmas will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive