Monday, September 12, 2011

Spicy Chicken with Mango Sauce

Chicken is one of my favorite dishes, so I'm always looking for good recipes. This one is adapted from The People's Pharmacy Quick and Handy Home Remedies. I learned about the book on NPR and as I suffer from gluten intolerance, I'm always interested in discovering home remedies that may help with some of the symptoms I suffer from.

Here's what you'll need:
4 chicken breasts
1 mango
3 small jalapenos
1 lime
chili powder
salt
Garam Marsala powder
8 sheaths of butter lettuce

Preheat grill to med-high.

First, cut up mango in small bite-size pieces. Squeeze all of lime over mango. Dice jalapenos and mix with lime and mango. Set aside on counter to marry the flavors.

Pound your chicken breasts flat. Sprinkle both sides with chili powder, Garam Marsala, and salt. Grill for 5 minutes each side, or until your thermometer reads 165 degrees. remove and let rest 5 minutes.

Place 2 sheaths of butter lettuce down on the plate, place chicken on lettuce, then divvy up mango sauce evenly on all chicken. Serve with beans and rice or a side of roasted zucchini. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive